Thursday, 10 October 2013

A day to remember

The day before yesterday, for me was a day to remember. I went with my aunt to the university and mt with a ton of people. From the director of the printing press to the head of the english department and was amazing.

Somehow I ended up getting lectures from five different people, maybe even more and everyone had something different to say to me.I wanted to be like a sponge and absorb everything. I think I did absorb somethings.

They had a common point though, all of them were very proud of me for writing poetry and showing it to them. Each of them were saying things that I felt. It was uncanny. Like the English Department's head said that showing poetry to someone is like showing the deepest part of you and it is like that. It is exactly like that.

She also gave me some amazing insights for how to write my poetry and how to continue with it. It was advice that I will follow through with. I don't listen to a lot of people but they made me listen and I wanted to spend more time with them.

Suffice to say I was inspired. It was a good day and hopefully I am going to have many more days like that.

No comments:

Post a Comment